Friday, June 13, 2008

Wild Hogs!! (Before & After)

Finally...the unveiling of the Medusa bike. Here we have a 1990 FLHTCU Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glide, I bought back in 1998. It's been pretty much stock for it's 10 years of existence. Due to persistent badgering from my brother Trevor, "we gotta paint it man", the stock blue has received a much needed makeover, as you can clearly see from the before an after pics below. I cruised out to Vegas where me and Trev did the paint. Actually he painted and I watched, you can view his custom paint works on his website www.mafiametal.com. The design was his creation, which displays a mural of Kristen on the front fairing, or at least thats what I told her. She was fooled for about 5 seconds, and then I was in trouble, which is nothing out of the ordinary. I felt in this case however it was better to ask forgiveness than permission. I mean, come on, this was an inspired piece of work, and who are we to ignore the powers on high. We blacked out all the chrome and lenses, which to our fellow African American bikers is called "murdering it out", to give it a more rugged look, which took a ton of sandblasting, but it was worth it in the end (it's all mardid out). The reassembly was painstakingly tedious due to all the performance upgrades we made (I wont bore you with the details). Dad helped me out big time in this department, but we finally finished it. Though not technically a custom bike, this is pretty much the sickest dresser around. It almost makes you vomit when you see it close up, but when you fire it up, and feel the rumble of the 2 in 1 Tunderheader pipe, you better have a paper bag or you'll be wiping vomit chunks off your shoes. Enjoy the slide show. Awesome photo's courtesy of Kristen.
Before

After

Before

After

5 comments:

Joe said...

Carson,
That bike is hard core now. Holy crap! I really mean it. HOLY CRAP! I can't even look at the Medusa Bike because it's so awesome. I saw you guys working on it, and I wanted to see what's up. But now I'm glad I didn't because I'm not freaking worthy.

I guess I'm trying to say that it looks good.

Rhiannon said...

AMAZING!!! you guys should do a "pimp my ride" show. Only w/ bikes of course. That is awesome! Man! I really miss riding!

Anonymous said...

way cool! I can't wait to see it in person.

shauni said...

Colby was so jealous of these pictures, he really wants a motorcycle. I'm sure he would even love the "before" motorcycle. It looks super cool. Just out of curiosity, who is the picture on the front of the bike?

Anonymous said...

Hey there - How are you? You're family is absolutely beautiful....and SO ARE YOU! I haven't seen or heard about you in so long, I love this blogging thing. It's so nice to see other long lost friends on the websites of friends that I semi keep in touch with. I love your photography....I'd hire you in a second...you're great at it. It sounds like all is well with you and you're family...all are happy and healthy. I kind of feel like looking at someone's blog when they don't know it is a little snoop-ish but I loved yours!

You're so cute. I still love you lots,

Love,

Lanae
peteyandnae.blogspot.com